Register your organisation with our Plastic Free Community
Why become a Plastic Free Champion
- Make an impact to your local community.
- Get a badge and certificate certifying your business or community group as a Plastic Free Champion
- Advertise your credentials on our website, our plastic free map and through our social media
- Connect with other businesses who are reducing their plastic waste and share ideas, reduce costs and benefit the area.
- Link up with other like minded community groups who are making a difference locally.
Can your business become a Plastic Free Champion?
Four simple steps for your business to become a Plastic Free Champion:
- Read our resources page to see what is needed for your business to be eligible
- Replace at least three items of single use plastic with a sustainable alternative
- Register your business by using our handy registration form
- If you are accepted, we will send you your free Plastic Free Champion aware in the post and feature your business on our website
Can your community group become a Plastic Free Champion?
Schools, library, leisure centres, venues/halls, community organisations (scouts, guides, Rotary Clubs) are all able to register as Plastic Free Allies. This can mean anything from reducing plastic in the group, participating in litter picks and organising mass unwraps to just helping to spread resources.
- Consider if your organisation wants to reduce plastic waste
- Think of ways that you can help
- Fill in our simple registration form to let us know about your community group. We also want to know how you can reduce plastic waste – it can be as simple as putting up a poster, and as involved as a mass litter pick or holding a training event for your school.
Other ways to get involved with Plastic Free Retford?
There’s some great ways to get involved with Plastic Free Retford. They’re all really easy.
- Act as a champion at work or in your community group by helping them become a Plastic Free organisation.
- Follow Plastic Free Retford on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to find out what we are up to and get ideas for reducing your plastic waste.
- Sign up as a Plastic Free Champion on LinkedIn and further your career.
- Join us on one of our community events or join our fun steering group by dropping us an email with a short introduction.
- Turn down single use plastics whenever you can – choose sustainable local alternatives by browsing low plastic businesses on our website.
Content by Plastic Free Retford. firstname.lastname@example.org